So my lips have been chapped lately, which is really weird for me. My lips usually never get chapped or dry, even in the middle of winter. I make sure to exfoliate them and always wear a lipbalm. No matter what I always put on a chapstick or something before bed. Lately I've been using and EOS lipbalm and my lips are chapped. I've heard of this happening to some other people. Has this happened to you? What did you do about it? Do you continue to use EOS? I know a lot of people really like EOS lipbalms, but I don't want to continue to use it if it's making my lips chapped. I was using Maybelline BabyLips in Quenched before this and had no problems with that...hmmm. Let me know what you guys think!!
Monday, May 27, 2013
Friday, May 24, 2013
Okay guys, I know this mascara is super popular, but I do not like it! I never wear waterproof mascaras because I don't like the way my lashes feel, they're hard to get off and they pull out my lashes when I try to remove them. It seems like no matter how gentle I am waterproof mascaras pull out my lashes. This mascara makes my lashes feel the same. They feel super hard and stiff and it's a total pain to take off at night. I don't like it! I got this mascara as a sample from Sephora as my birthday gift, so I'm really happy I didn't purchase it with my own money. I will say, however, that I do really like the wand. I feel like it deposits a good amount of mascara and I like the shape. Also, the other part of the gift was a sample of Benefit's Watts Up! highlighter, which I am loving at the moment. Have you guys tried this mascara? What did you think?
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
So I thought I would tell you guys all about the look I've been wearing lately. I've been wearing this look every day lately. I think it's great for summer and also great for days when you're in a rush because it can be done super quickly and still look good :) I've been wearing a shimmery gold eye with black liquid liner & mascara (obviously) and pale pink lips (have you seen the post on my fave lip combo of the moment?!) with a basic face (foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer & hilighter). So here is a list of my products and how I use them! In order:
- Cover FX mattifying primer (or Rimmel Fix & Perfect with the blue cap)
- NARS Sheer Matte in Mont Blanc (or Revlon Colorstay for combo/oily skin in the lightest shade)
- Concealer where needed
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in 45 Bold Gold used lightly all over the lid
- Maybelline Line Stiletto in Blackest Black to line the upper lash line (no flick/wing!!)
- Benefit They're Real! mascara on top and bottom lashes
- ELF HD Powder in translucent to set the foundation
- Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush/Bronzer Duo. Use bronzer in the hollows of the cheeks, the sides of the forehead, hairline, under the jaw & on the sides of the nose (optional!!). Use blush on the apples of the cheeks and pull up.
- Benefit Watts Up! on the cheekbones, the center of the nose, under the brow bone & on the inner corners of the eyes as well as a small amount in the center of the forehead and the chin.
- I use my kabuki brush to blend the bronzer, blush and highlighter together so they look more natural and blended and less shimmery
- Maybelline MasterShape in Blonde to lightly fill in the brows
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 668 Primrose & Bonne Bell Liplites in Strawberry Parfait for the lips.
- YOU'RE DONE!!
This makeup is super quick and pretty! Do you own any of these products? What do you think of them?? Also, if you have any of these or something similar, try this look out and let me know what you think!!