Friday, May 17, 2013

NARS Sheer Matte Foundation-- My thoughts!

So I was at Sephora the other day and I got a sample of the NARS Sheer Matte Foundation (my color is Mont Blanc- don't make fun of me, I'm pale! :P ) because I didn't want to spend $42 on a foundation if I didn't love it. So I've tried it out a few times and here's what I think: It's an absolutely beautiful foundation, but it's not for me. It would be amazing for someone who didn't have a lot to cover up, but there wasn't quite enough coverage for me. Yes, I'm aware that it's called SHEER matte, but on YouTube someone (I think it was Wayne Goss?) said in a review that it wasn't exactly sheer enough to warrant that name, so I thought I'd give it a go. While I don't have a lot of blemishes to cover up, I get VERY red around my mouth, and this foundation was not able to cover that well enough for me. I'm fine with having to use a little concealer in those areas, I usually do, but this just wasn't cutting it. It was barely covering the red at all. So even with concealer it still looks darker and shadow-ey, which I don't like! On the plus side, this foundation does keep me matte for most of the day, even in the summer. Which is amazing since I have pretty oily skin and usually have to touch up multiple times throughout the day. Although I will say that I have been using the foundation with a mattifying primer from Cover FX so I'm not sure if the Sheer Matte would perform as well on its own. Anyway- hope this helps if you were considering this foundation! It was nice, but I'll be going back to Revlon Colorstay for the moment. What are your favorite foundations??

Kate xo

No comments:

Post a Comment